Artificial Intelligence (AI), Computer Vision (CV) & Machine Learning (ML) are the technologies that are at the forefront of innovation in the World today. AI has not yet been completely democratized as it is not readily available for reasons like cost of components, computing and return on investment issues. But these days computing is becoming cheaper, research-and-development on AI is increasing, and all these factors have made AI, Computer Vision (CV) and Machine-Learning (ML) available at a more economically-viable cost. In recent years, many innovative start-ups have come up with novel AI, CV and ML based solutions for use-cases that have a high growth potential in the market.
The list below is non-exhaustive, but these are some of the Computer Vision Startups that are leading the race at the moment.
- Pilot AI Labs (California based) – Develops autonomous control systems capable of obstacle avoidance and object following for unmanned aerial vehicles using state-of-the-art deep learning technologies.
- GazeHawk (California based) – Provides affordable quality eye tracking services that can be used to see what visitors are looking at on a website.
- AIndra (Bangalore based) – Aindra is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Start-up creating Computer-Vision (CV) and Machine-Learning (ML) based products. Aindra’s AI, CV & ML powered platform enables Insurance, FinTech and Logistics companies to leverage visual analytics on their existing images/videos collected from real-life scenarios for automated risk-profiling, damage-estimation etc of insurable assets. Aindra’s CV & ML powered Identity-and-Fraud-Management solution is a platform robust enough to process Facial images captured by any low-cost photo-capturing device like smartphone, IP-camera etc.
- TerrAvion (San Tiago based) – Computer vision based drone assisted analysis of agricultural fields periodically to keep a track of each plant to optimise interventions
like pruning, irrigation etc. to maximise crop yield.
- Ditto Labs (Cambridge based) – Computer vision assisted analysis of the torrents of photos uploaded on social platforms to extract details like presence of brands, objects and number of people.
- Mad Street Den (Chennai based)- Computer vision and Artificial Intelligence company working towards Industry solutions with their latest product on vertically integrated social stack for retail industry.
- Sighthound (California based) – Sighthound provides computer vision to developers, embedded device manufacturers, and surveillance software users to enhance their products with the element of Artificial Intelligence.
- Oriense (Netherlands based) – Builds special device driven by Computer Vision and Machine Learning for blind and visually impaired, that solves three major problems : Obstacle avoidance, Geo-navigation and Image Recognition.
- Osmo (California based) – Osmo’s computer vision driven system fosters social intelligence and creative thinking by opening up the iPad to the endless possibilities of physical play designed especially for children.
- Blue River Technology (California based) – Agricultural application of Weed recognition using Computer Vision in an agriculture field and subsequent elimination by hot organic oil automatically.